Friday, January 31, 2014

Snow in ATL

It hasn't substantially snowed in Atlanta since 2011. So when it started coming down yesterday afternoon, I was very excited to see the house covered in snow. 

Since we've been house-bound for the last two days, I started a couple paint projects. 


There's a great wood-working store down the road called Woodcraft, and they've been a huge help with my furniture refinishing project. This time, we picked up a couple different wood stains from General Finishes. 


So far, I've painted our living room bookcase and our stairwell bannister. When I get back from my next trip, I'm hoping to also update our bathroom cabinets. Still very confused about which door hinges to get.






I hear the Gel Stain is much better, but my patience is limited.
I picked the water-based so I wouldn't have to deal with oil-based messes.
The Black is very, very black. But, it does anchor the room much better.
It also puts getting new couches higher up on the list. 


This project took about three days to complete, mostly because I could only do it in the evenings. The spindles are Whitewash and the bannister and stairs are Espresso. I went back and forth on whether or not I loved it, or if it didn't work with the carpet, or the floor, or any other random house-flipping factor that I might not have thought hard enough about. 

I do like how it turned out, if I don't pay attention to little smudges or not perfectly straight lines. Overall, our house is starting to split between very, very white and very, very saturated color. Still waiting to see if it will all come together.



No comments:

Post a Comment