Monday, September 2, 2013

The First Two Weeks

The first two weeks have been abnormally slow going. The BF said that it seems more like a vacation house since we are have been half unpacked, waiting for the rest of the carpet and cabinet fronts to be installed. In the meantime, we had a few projects of our own to work on.

The first was a memory board for my office. This was a DIY I found online. I picked a quality canvas that had a solid wood frame. The purple material is heavier and very durable, and I used white fabric ribbon. Everything was stapled with my brand new staple gun, and the gold buttons were sewn in to keep everything taut. Nail in some claw fixtures, and it's ready to hang.
   

The second project was a hidden litter box. There are no convenient spaces to keep a litter box, so we created one. We googled some ideas, and found this toy storage bin at Ikea. Using an electric handsaw, we cut a Shorty-sized door. He had no problem adapting, and the litter box is perfectly concealed and odor-free. 

You too can pick this up at Ikea.

Finally the custom cabinet fronts are in! Clean white fronts with seeded glass panes. 
A nice Before & After shot, but disregard the silverware and kitchen gadgets.

My plan for this coming week is to refinish the furniture set we brought down from my parents house, and to finish unpacking. I'm hoping that once that is done, I can show B&A pictures of all the finished rooms. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment