Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Could this be The One?

Despite it being cold and cloudy this past Sunday, we found a house that we both truly love. But then the questions slowly rolled in…
It's slightly out of our budget, so can we make the jump? Does it really matter that there's a giant power line tower on the property? Does the fact that it's the perfect house, in the perfect school district negate that we can't add space onto it? Will this be enough room if my mom moves in? Will anything have enough room if my mom moves in RIGHT NOW?! Will the perfect house for right now, be the perfect house in 5 years? 10 years? 

I'm all for compromising, but I've also all but convinced myself that this house is The One. Funny how one conversation with my mother, turned into something I desperately want to take back. 

Next weekend's adventure will probably consist of homes that have even more square footage, but probably a little further out from the Atlanta perimeter. Five bedrooms is still a bit daunting, and a far cry from the three-bedroom Kit House I originally pictured. 

Might be the only way to fit people in...

On a brighter note, we made an informal call to our bank for a mortgage screening. Together, we were tentatively pre-approved for a home in our budget. It is a relief to know that we have been looking in the right price range, and that we have a bit of breathing room with what we want and what we can afford. 


No comments:

Post a Comment