Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Million-Dollar Fantasy

Last night was the season finale of Bravo's Million Dollar Decorators. Yes, interior designers in LA are probably more extravagant that my little Atlanta apartment allows; but the show is a fount of ideas. In between Craigslist listings and internet trolling for an available/acceptable house, I've picked up some elements that I am excited to bring to our new home, in some form or another…

1) Oversized Mirror
This mirror is only half for vanity. Using oversized mirrors makes small spaces bigger, not only by bringing in dimension, but also by reflecting light. 

2) Gallery Wall
From all the different art festivals around Atlanta, Troy and I have picked up a number of small sized prints that would be great in heavy frames. I love that it brings together interesting odds and ends, and have them looked polished and intentional. 

3) A Deep, Dark Color
I like things clean and polished, but this dark navy blue wall is so great. It adds a deep richness to a room, and can be lightened by white/modern elements and also antique/rustic elements.

4) A Relaxing Neutral
Our bedroom is room where I'd like to spend more time. Now, our bedroom is very dark because we only have a sliding glass door that's always covered, no windows. A little more storage and a cozier feel is what I'd like to accomplish with this space. 

I think these are good starting points to incorporate. Of course with a rental, we'll most likely run into limitations on changing the property. But, these four points will be easier to swing that any type of remodel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment